DHi technique, as opposed to FUE technique; is a technique in which two phases occur simultaneously. The hair follicles of the donor area are implanted without opening the channel with an implanter to the area to be transplanted. The implant/Choi needle is very thin in shape, cylindrical and has a sharp point. This cylindrical tip Choi needle is shaped like a channel and the hairs are inserted into the needle by driving along this channel.
The reason why the DHi technique is also called the Choi method is the characteristics of this needle. The DHI method has an important advantage in that it is possible to plant without digging a channel. This technique is a time-saving technique, because DHI opens the canal and sets the root in place at the same time. This will ensure that you do not have any scars, incisions or stitches. Since there is no canal opening during hair transplantation, it minimizes the bleeding situation that may occur to the patient. This technique also ensures a retransplantation of the removed grafts as soon as possible.
APPLICATION OF DHI TECHNOLOGY
The hair follicles collected during a hair transplant performed with the Choi implanter. These are inserted into the pen one at a time. This placement must be very meticulous and careful. After the assistants place each hair follicles, they give these hair follicles to the specialist doctor for transplant. At this point, the doctor transplants the hair follicles at a 40-45 degree angle with the most appropriate angle. In addition to this network, there is the damp point is the correct direction, which corresponds to the direction of the previous hair of the transplanter. The angle and direction of the hair follicles placed on the Choi needle are correctly determined and transplanted with the push function of the needle. The surgery uses between 2 and 6 Choi pins and an average of 15-16 choi tips. These pins can be of different sizes. The factor that determines this is the hair root and its thickness. The Choi hair transplant method naturally has several advantages and disadvantages compared to the FUE method.
Let's talk about the advantages noted by experts:
- By minimizing the time the hair follicles remain outside the tissue, it is possible to achieve a healthier planting.
- The survival rate of the healthy roots is higher.
- Because the incision area will be smaller, the risk of bleeding is minimized as much as possible.
- After the hair transplant, a faster recovery can be seen, so that the patient can easily return to his daily routine in a short time.
- With this method, an unshaven hair transplant can be done more easily. Grafts are out because they wait as little as possible.
- The quality and durability of the grafts do not deteriorate. So when they are planted, their chance of catch increases even more.
- DHI cultivation requires more attention and care than other methods. It is one of the best hair transplant techniques.
- The experience of the hair transplant doctor and his team on DHI is very important.
- Compared to the Sapphire FUE technique, the main disadvantage of DHI is that it is thinly planted.